16-Year-Old Egg Harbor Township Boy Dies From Electrocution
Heartbreaking news out of Egg Harbor Township today, as a 16-year-old boy was accidentally electrocuted on Saturday.
Here are the details from the Egg Harbor Township Police Department:
On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at approximately 9:30 am, the Egg Harbor Township Police Department responded to a residence on Seagull Drive, in the Farmington section of the Township, for an accidental electrocution. Sergeant James Donaldson, Sergeant Joe Monroe, Officer Michael Palmentieri, Officer Louis Poletis and Officer Gary Johnson all responded to the residence. Upon arrival they discovered a 16 year old juvenile male who had been accidentally electrocuted. The juvenile had been holding an aluminum extension ladder when it made contact with power lines.
The Egg Harbor Township Ambulance Squad and Atlanticare Paramedics treated the juvenile at the scene. The Juvenile was transported to AtlantiCare Mainland Division where he was later pronounced deceased.
The name of the boy has not been released.