Kane O'Connor, 8 year old Egg Harbor Township boy, woke his family after house caught fire.

Last Saturday night (April 8th) Kane O'Connor woke up to a fire in his bedroom and quickly took to action. The 8 year old woke up his four year old sister and parents immediately so that they could escape the blaze according to PressofAtlanticCity.com, they were also able to save their dog Honeybee.

Go Fund Me Caroline Barrella

The family's home was completely destroyed including all of their belongings. They currently have a GoFundMe page set up, which has raised over $3,000. Check it out here.

Go Fund Me Caroline Barrella

Today (April 13th) the boy was honored by the Egg Harbor Township Police and Scullville Volunteer Fire Department for his actions. Kane was given awards, toys, cards, and gift baskets.

His mother, Vanessa Indart, commented on how calm her son, who has autism, was during the incident. According to her he had struggled breathing and seeing during the fire, but that did not his effect his actions.

The fire has been ruled an accident.

Source: Press of Atlantic City