Atlantic City Man Charged With January Murder in AC
An Atlantic City man was arrested yesterday and charged with a January 2016 murder of another Atlantic City man.
According to Acting Atlantic County Prosecutor Diane Ruberton, Kevin D. Quince, 27, was charged with the murder of Steven Loughney, 28, who was found shot to death inside his home on January 3rd.
A nine-month-long investigation by detectives of the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crimes Unit and the Atlantic City Police Department resulted in the arrest today of Kevin D. Quince, 27, of the 900 block of Baltic Avenue, Atlantic City, charged with:
* Murder—a 1st degree crime,
* Felony Murder, for “causing the death of the victim with a shotgun during the commission of a robbery”—a crime of the 1st degree,
* Robbery, “by utilizing a shotgun to rob the victim of CDS [controlled dangerous substance] and/or U.S. currency”—1st degree,
* Conspiracy to commit Murder—1st degree,
* Conspiracy to commit Robbery—2nd degree,
* Possession of a Weapon for an Unlawful Purpose—2nd degree,
* Unlawful Possession of a Weapon (shotgun)—3rd degree, and
* Conspiracy to unlawfully possess a shotgun—a 4th degree crime.
Detectives from the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office and the Atlantic City Police Department, with the assistance of the Pleasantville Police Department, arrested Quince without incident at a Pleasantville restaurant on Route 322, transported him to the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office for arrest processing, and lodged him in the Atlantic County Justice Facility on $500,000 full cash/no bond bail set by Atlantic County Superior Court Judge Donna M. Taylor.
SOURCE: News Release from Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office.