Cat Country Presents the Texaco Country Showdown August 17 at Hamilton Mall
Cat Country 107.3 is once again giving you a chance to shine in the first round of the Texaco Country Showdown.
This year's event will take place on Saturday, August 17th at Hamilton Mall. The competition will coincide with Cat Country's Women's Expo taking place that day.
The winner of the Cat Country Finals will advance to state competition for a chance to move closer to the national finals and the $100,000 top prize.
Singers wishing to compete should read the following rules, in addition to the rules included on the official entry form. Entries (the entry form and a demo) must be received by Saturday, August 3, 2013. Finalists will be announced on Cat Country 107.3 on the morning of Thursday, August 8th.
More about the Texaco Country Showdown can be found here.
All National Rules apply, along with these additional rules:
1. Do not send an entry fee with you entry. You will only need to pay the entry fee if you are selected to compete in the finals. The finals will be held at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing on Saturday, August 17, 2013.
2. Along with a completed entry form, you must supply a demo CD. You may also email an MP3 to: email@example.com. Please put in the subject line: “SHOWDOWN ENTRY.” While you may email your demo, you still must mail or drop off your entry form. No emailed entry forms will be accepted. We will only listen to the first song on your demo. This does not have to be the song you perform in the competition.
3. Cat Country will not provide a back-up band or back-up music. If chosen for the finals, you must provide your own musical accompaniment, or provide us with a non-vocal music CD, or sing without accompaniment.
4. The Cat Country Texaco Country Showdown is open to New Jersey residents only. Proof of residency will be required prior to all performances in the finals.
5. Finalists will be announced on Cat Country August 8, 2012.
6. All entries must be in to Cat Country by 5PM, August 3, 2012.
7. All rules are subject to change without notice. Cat Country’s judge’s decisions are final.