Chris Young Cranks Out His Hits at Hard Rock Atlantic City
It's easy to be at Chris Young's concert and say several times through the show, "I forgot he did this song!"
It was an enthusiastic crowd that welcomed Young to the the Hard Rock of Atlantic City Saturday night - and it was a fun crowd! Along with singing along to all his hits, there was a lot of howling and screaming, which seemed to amuse Young throughout the show.
Even though Young is "only 33", it really seems that he's been a part of country music for a long time. Every song he sang in concert was like a rewind of country hits over the last 12 years.
He won the TV show "Nashville Star" in 2006, although he was already well known around Nashville before the show.
While Young isn't a flashy or dancing guy, he does put on a great show - which is probably easier when you have a long string of radio hits.
Here's a look at his set list:
1. "Losing Sleep"
2. "Gettin' You Home (The Black Dress Song)"
4. "Lonely Eyes"
5. "Who I Am With You"
6. "Hangin' On"
7. "Sober Saturday Night" (Chris shared that his first country concert when he was a kid was Vince Gill. He said he himself literally cold-called Vince Gill to ask him to sing on this cut, and, of course, Gill said "Yes.")
8. "Think of You" (a Duet with Cassadee Pope - her part was heard and shown on video.
9. "I Thought it Was You" - a cover by Doug Stone ( Chris played this one alone on the guitar. He said he learned it as a kid because his mom liked the song.)
10. "When You Say Nothing at All" - a cover by Keith Whitley (Again, alone on guitar. Chris shared the story of playing the song while in college. He said his first paying gig was at a Mexican restaurant. For a four hour gig he made $100 and all the quesadillas he wanted. He said his college dorm-mates loved it!)
11. "I Can Take It From There." (The song includes a reference to Conway Twitty, and he stopped the song a few times to make sure everyone knew who Twitty was. He even sang a couple lines of "I'd Love to Lay You Down."
13. "The Man I Want to Be"
14. "Save Water, Drink Beer." (The only "non-hit" of the night. The popular concert song was on his "Neon" album)
16. "I'm Coming Over."
By the way, this is the second concert I've seen at the Hard Rock - and the first since Carrie Underwood opened the remodeled Etess Arena a few weeks ago. It appears the Hard Rock has sorted some things out and the whole experience was easier (no security check-in problems, there were actually condiments at the condiment table, etc,). It really is a great place to see a show - with even better sound and lighting than the old Taj Mahal days. It really is a GREAT place to see a concert - and there are some good ones coming up!
Add to that, just walking through the Hard Rock in Atlantic City is an experience in itself with all the memorabilia, new restaurants, and "bells and whistles."
Next up at the Hard Rock - Rascal Flatts with Dan+Shay and Carly Pearce this coming Thursday night at 7pm!
Thanks for taking the time to read this. We're going to be giving away Rascal Flatts tickets this week before the show... but if you want a chance to win right now, post on your Facebook page today (Sunday): Cat Country 107.3 can you help me out with some Rascal Flatts Tickets for their Concert at the Hard Rock Thursday night? We will pick one winner of 2 tickets!