Chris Young had a pretty big health scare a few weeks ago, when an infection in his leg required surgery. It was reported that he was suffering from a bacterial infection.  Well, now he's talking about the whole ordeal and what it was that caused that infection..

"You know what, it was an ingrown hair," Young admits. "Yeah, and it was something that I thought got out and was fine."

An ingrown hair caused that much of a mess, including septic shock, which could have killed him, and eventual surgery.  Wow.

Young continues, "It wasn’t anything weird like, it wasn’t like I was having any pain in my leg or anything. It’s scary. Like I said, I left Nashville and was fine. Three-and-half hours later, I felt like absolute crap."

Double wow.