Stafford Boy Playing with Tiki Torch Fluid Flown to Burn Center
hAn 11-year-old Stafford boy is flown a Philadelphia burn center with second and third degree burns after playing with tiki torch lighter fluid.
Township Police say the incident occured early Tuesday evening in the backyard of his Ocean Acres home on Atlantis Avenue. According to the Asbury Park Press, the boy, who was with his 12-year-old brother at the time, spilled the lighter fluid on his leg and rib cage when it ignited. The boy’s mother called 9-1-1.