Tips For Deep-Frying A Turkey [VIDEO]
More and more people try deep-frying a turkey for Thanksgiving every year, many without knowing just how dangerous it can be. Before you drop that bird in the oil, spend two minutes watching this video...
Here are just a few deep-frying tips:
- Use your fryer away from your house or any buildings (don't fry a turkey inside a garage or shed).
- Don't leave it unattended.
- Make sure the turkey is thawed and dry (oil and water don't mix).
- Place the turkey in the fryer slowly (splashing oil could start a fire).
- Keep kids, pets, and anything flammable far away from the fryer.
- Don't start cookin' the turkey without a fire extinguisher nearby.
Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving from all of us at Cat Country 107.3!