Do’s and Don’ts When Packing Your Bags This Summer
I am so excited that my favorite season of the year, summer is only just a few weeks away! Soon it will be time to dust off that suitcase and start packing for a much needed vacation.
I always have a tendency to pack way too much, which usually leads to my wife asking me if I'm going way for a week or a year. I can't be the only one who constantly over packs, so I figured I'd share some tips from AAA on how to get the most out of your suitcase.
1. Firstly they suggest that you give your luggage a once (or twice) over. Inspect it for any rips or tears that might have happened during your last venture.
2. Label, label, label. It may feel like you're back in preschool with your name and phone number all over every item you own, but trust us...it's worth it! Use clear handwriting and a permanent maker or pen. Oh and be sure to also clearly mark your bag in some way so that it's easy to spot on any luggage carousel!
3. Tap into the weather. Is it going to be hot and sunny? Chance of rain or storms? Breezy in the evening? Knowing ahead of time will help you decide between a heavy sweatshirt and a light jacket.
4. Think about the items that you use on a daily basis. Toothpaste, deodorant, a certain hair product. Whatever you can't make it through a normal day without, should get packed.
5. Think about utilizing every part of your suitcase. Shove socks and other small items into your shoes. Roll jeans and other articles of clothing that doesn't tend to wrinkle. Don't forget about the zipper compartments on the sides and front of most bags!
6. You don't need a different pair of shoes with each outfit. Seriously. Unless you're Kim Kardashian, you will survive with just one pair of heels. This would be a really tough item for my wife to cut back on. I've lost count as to how many pairs of shoes she really has. The less shoes you pack, the more space you will have in your suitcase. Just remember that!
Check out more tips and tricks from AAA.com.
If you're flying to your vacation detestation this summer, be sure to checkout Atlantic City International Airport for affordable rates. ACY is so convenient to get to from all parts of South Jersey!