Lady Antebellum Collaborate With Little Big Town on New Album ‘Ocean’
Lady Antebellum will join together with Little Big Town for one track on the country trio's forthcoming new album. Ocean, they revealed on Friday (Sept. 20) is due out on Nov. 15.
Lady Antebellum's collaboration with Little Big Town, "The Thing That Wrecks You," is one of 13 songs on Ocean, Lady A's first record with Big Machine Label Group. Rising artist Tenille Townes is one of the song's co-writers, along with Daniel Tashian and Kate York.
According to a press release, Ocean -- which was produced by Dann Huff -- brings Lady Antebellum "back to their roots, showcasing their familiar vocal interplay and individual instruments." Its songs are described as "emotionally resonant;" they "chronicle personal relationships and everyday responsibilities with a balance of growth and maturity that could only come from 13 years of working together."
“There’s this theme of returning to the core of who we are — as writers, vocalists and people — that came out in each of these songs," Lady Antebellum member Dave Haywood explains. “Our time in the studio with Dann had an excitement that felt like we were making our first album all over again."
Lady Antebellum have already shared "What If I Never Get Over You" as their first single from Ocean, and fans have gotten to hear "Pictures" as well. Press play above to hear the album's title track.
"It's such a cinematic and theatrical melody that really tied together our standpoint of this record as a whole," Scott says of "Ocean." "Ocean stands for all of the things that we think and feel when we hear the word. Its parallel with those feelings, much like the songs about barely keeping your head above water and others that make you feel like everything is smooth sailing.”
A full track list for Ocean is below. The release describes "You Can Do You" as a "live-and-let-live anthem" inspired by Nashville and "Boots" as heartland rock meets Celtic fiddles.
Lady Antebellum's Ocean is available for pre-order now.
Lady Antebellum, Ocean Track List:
1. “What If I Never Get Over You” (Sam Ellis, Jon Green, Ryan Hurd, Laura Veltz)
2. “Pictures” (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Sarah Buxton, Corey Crowder)
3. “Crazy Love” (Charles Kelley, Nathan Chapman)
4. “You Can Do You” (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Corey Crowder, Jordan Schmidt)
5. “What I’m Leaving For” (Sam Ellis, Micah Premnath, Laura Veltz)
6. “Be Patient With My Love” (Charles Kelley, Dave Barnes, Ben West)
7. “Alright” (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Busbee, Justin Ebach)
8. “Let It Be Love” (Hillary Scott, Jordan Reynolds, Amy Wadge)
9. “On a Night Like This” (Dave Barnes)
10. “Boots” (Charles Kelley, Ross Copperman)
11. “The Thing That Wrecks You” feat. Little Big Town (Daniel Tashian, Tenille Townes, Kate York)
12. “Mansion” (Chris DeStefano, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Miller)
13. “Ocean” (Tofer Brown, Sarah Buxton, Abe Stoklasa)
You Think You Know Lady Antebellum?
LOOK: Lady Antebellum's Best Live Shots