35 New Jersey Facts In 1 Minute [VIDEO]
Happy New Jersey! I mixed together my love of New Jersey, my love of fun facts, and my ability to talk super fast to make a video of 35 facts in one minute!
Honestly, if my career in radio stalls out I could totally be an auctioneer! I talk way too fast most of the time. I am used to people telling me to slow down because they can't understand me. Well, look at me now. It finally came in handy.
Here are 35 New Jersey Facts 1 Minute: (Full list below)
- New Jersey is the most densely populated state.
- Cape May is the oldest seashore resort in the U.S.
- New Jersey is the diner capital of the world.
- The game Monopoly was based on street names in Atlantic City.
- The light bulb, phonograph, and movie projector were invented by Thomas Edison in NJ.
- Atlantic City has the longest boardwalk in the world.
- The first organized baseball game was in New Jersey.
- The tallest water tower in the world is in New Jersey.
- New Jersey has the most toxic waste dumps in the country.
- The honey bee is the state insect.
- The eastern goldfinch is the state bird.
- The first nearly complete fossil was found in Haddonfield, NJ.
- The Hadrosaurus (name makes sense right) is the state dinosaur.
- It is the only state where every county is considered metropolitan.
- New Jersey was the first state to sign the Bill of Rights.
- Both Trenton and Princeton were the country's capital for a short period of time.
- There were over 100 Revolutionary War battles fought here.
- New Jersey is known as the "Pathway of the Revolution."
- New Jersey has the most horses per square mile. (More racehorses than Kentucky!!!)
- The first submarine test ride was in the Passaic River.
- The first FM transmitter was in Alpine.
- New Jersey does not have an official state song.
- The first ever college football game was played here.
- The first drive-in movie theater was in New Jersey.
- The state is named after the Isle of Jersey.
- The origins of salt water taffy can be traced back to Atlantic City.
- The Italian hot dog was created in New Jersey.
- The Statue of Liberty is technically in New Jersey.
- Napoleon Bonaparte's "member" is in New Jersey.
- New Jersey has the most scientists and engineers per square mile.
- The state's motto is "Liberty and Prosperity".
- The state tree is the red oak.
- The state flower is the purple violet.
- The state mammal is the horse.
- WE INVENTED PORK ROLL!
HAPPY NATIONAL NEW JERSEY DAY!