Fun Facts for New Jerseyans on Tax Day 2016
Tax Day 2016 is April 18th (thanks to Emancipation Day). Here are some fun facts about Tax Day as you scramble to get everything filed!
Wallet Hub put together a list of fun facts about the IRS and taxes in general.
Are you ready? (I filed my taxes in February... lol, I like to stay ahead of things)
- It costs the IRS $0.35 to collect $100 in federal revenue
- 200 million people interact with the IRS each year
- 30 minutes - the average wait time when calling the IRS in 2015
- 62% of calls went unanswered by the IRS in 2015
- 1,000 temporary employees were hired in 2016 to help with phone service
- 27% of Americans would get a tattoo of the IRS to avoid taxes for life
- 13% of people would rather spend a night in jail
Get more fun facts at Wallet Hub!
Source: Wallet Hub