Group Claims Horse That Died at Cowtown Rodeo was Given Electric Shock [VIDEO]
A bucking horse died during Saturday night’s Cowtown Rodeo, and a group is claiming the animal died after being shocked with an electrical device.
SHARK (Showing Animals Respect and Kindness) released a video showing what members say is a device that was used to shock the horse, immediately before the pen was opened, and the horse was sent on its bucking way.
SHARK officials say the device was used to shock a number of horses. The device is prohibited by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association, of which Cowtown Rodeo is a member.
The rodeo is located in Pilesgove, New Jersey.
Meanwhile, The Cowtown Rodeo website is countering the claim, saying:
It is with great sadness that we have to report that our beloved horse Duke has passed away due to an aneurysm of his aorta blood vessel. Duke was 9 years old, born and raised at Cowtown. We are saddened by his sudden passing and trust that you all know how upset we are over this. Our vet has assured us that this had nothing to do with the rodeo event and it is a natural (although rare) occurance to have a horse pass from this reason.