Insider Tips for Sunday’s Lady A Concert in Atlantic City
Here's some tips too make your experience more enjoyable.
1. Arrive early.
2. Arrive early.
3. Arrive early.
Word from the Atlantic City Alliance has already been put out, urging you to arrive early for Sunday's concert. With only one major general admission entrance, it took quite awhile for most people to actually get into the concert area. Even as Blake Shelton was belting out hits on the stage, there was still a long line of people, snaking down the boardwalk, waiting to get to the gate.
4. Prepare for the weather. Sunday's forecast is calling for a chance of rain and/or thunderstorms. Be prepared. Bring rain ponchos, just in case.
5. Wear sunscreen. Wear a lot of sunscreen. We witnessed a lot of sunburned people. Sitting on the beach in the hot sun - or even a mostly cloudy sky, can cause some pretty good burns. Protect yourself.
6. Drink a lot of water. Stay hydrated. Even if you're drinking alcohol, mix in some water now and then.
7. Be nice. For the most part, people at the Blake Shelton concert were well-behaved. Like anywhere else, though, there's always a few knuckleheads who try to spoil everyone else's fun.
8. Get a casino players card. They are free, if you have the patience to stand in line. You don't have to gamble, but most times, you will be able to save on parking. Yes, some casinos were charging $50 to park - but, most people did not pay that much to park, thanks to a players card. (TIP: You didn't get this idea from me is anyone asks, but If you don't want to sign up for a card, walk down a slot machine aisle and you may just find an abandoned card to use.)
9. Don't panic if you don't have a ticket yet - and DO NOT pay a scalper for tickets. There was a lot of last minute free tickets handed out yesterday. We had concert organizers handing out last minute tickets up and down the boardwalk several times yesterday. (And we were able to do the same, thanks to those same organizers.)