Miss NJ Reveals the Unanswered Questions About the Miss America Pageant
Miss NJ came to play with Joe and Rachel today! She also gave us the low down on all the unanswered questions about the upcoming Miss America Pageant....
We did a practice Q & A session with Miss New Jersey, Kaitlyn Schoeffel, to help prep her for the question portion of the 2018 Miss America Pageant taking place, right here, in Atlantic City at Boardwalk Hall on September 10th, and here's what she had to say about it:
- Now that you've met all of the ladies at the Miss America at the Orientation in Florida; If you could pick one state to win, other then yourself, who would you want it to be?
- "I would have to go with Miss Massachusetts, because she's my girl. We were roommates down in Orlando for orientation! So we got super close since we shared a bedroom together."
- If you were on a sinking ship and could only save one of the celebrity judges, who would you save? Thomas Rhett, Jordan Sparks, Jess Cagel, or Molly Sims?
- "Probably Jordan Sparks? I don't know why? Probably because I followed her on American Idol so I feel like I know the most about her and she's sort of like... an idol!"
- What are the 3 essentials you have in your Miss America suitcase?
- "Well I just bought some fashion tape before I got here because this dress is a little big, so fashion tape is definitely #1 essential accessory. My crown, obviously because I don't think we go anywhere without it. And over the weekend I had a Miss America send off party at the Tropicana where all the girls who competed for Miss New Jersey gave me a journal, and they all wrote poems and phrases in it to take to Miss America with me that I can read for inspiration! They each presented what they wrote to me....I cried."
- If you could only bring one thing with you to the pageant as a good luck charm, what would it be?
- "I have a necklace that I received at the send-off party as well, that is the state of New Jersey with a diamond in the place that I live and was born. So right in Atlantic County is where the diamond is. And every Miss New Jersey gets this necklace, so when I got it, it felt like I was being crowned Miss New Jersey again."
- What was the last piece of junk food that you ate and when was that?
- "I'm not sure if this counts as junk food but I'm SO into it...but I mean it is cause it's ice cream...Halo Top Ice cream: 280 calorie ice cream for the ENTIRE pint! I had a bite of it yesterday..."
- Which portion of the competition are you most hopeful to win?
- "Wow uh, I would probably say, just from my track record, I won the swimsuit portion for Miss New Jersey the last two years. And I get to wear the same swim suit that I wore for Miss New Jersey so it's basically like my good luck charm. I've also been doing a lot of training in Cherry Hill and they've been doing a great job in getting me ready so I'm pumped about swim suit. Which is not something that I would normally say, but I think I've been working hard!"
- Who is the first person you'll thank if you're crowned Miss America
- "It has to be my Mom. That's a hard question, yet an easy question at the same time. My mom's been there with me through literally everything."
- What is so significant about April 25th?
- "HAHA Miss Congeniality! It's the perfect Date!"
We ran out of time, but these are the questions we didn't have time to ask:
- Joe wants to know--do you and the other contestants have pillow fights in your bra and panties every night? A simple 'Yes or No' will do...
- Do you secretly get to take a shot before the pageant to kill the nerves?
- Savvy Shields taught us about the 3 types of pageant waves (the window wash, the princess wave, or the fold) which one do you use?
- What is your first thing you plan to do AFTER the Miss America Pageant?
...we'll get the dirt next time we see Miss New Jersey.
Hopefully as Miss America!
Check Out More From Cat Country!