177th Fighter Wing Part of NJ Flyover for First Responders May 12th
While most of South Jersey didn't get to see the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels the other day, we will be treated to our own special fly-over on May 12th.
Next Tuesday, May 12th, (or Wednesday if the weather doesn't cooperate), our neighbors of the 177th Fighter Wing, based at Atlantic City International Airport, and 108th Wing, stationed at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, of the New Jersey Air National Guard are partnering in a nationwide Air Force Salutes Flyover event to honor those on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to a Facebook post, the flyover will feature three F-16 Fighting Falcons from the 177th and a KC-135R Stratotanker from the 108th.
Officials say the flyover will be over the Sea Girt and Holmdel area around 11:30 AM then it will roughly loop around the perimeter of the state before reaching the Atlantic City Convention Center about an hour later.
Here's the full timetable:
• Sea Girt – 11:30 AM
• PNC Arts Center (Holmdel) – 11:35 AM
• Millstone – 11:40 AM
• NJ Convention Center – 11:45 AM
• Menlo Park – 11:46 AM
• Kean University – 11:48 AM
• University Hospital – 11:48 AM
• Expo Center – 11:49 AM
• Bern County College/Paramus – 11:51 AM
• Vets Haven North – 12:01 PM
• New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs – 12:07 PM
• Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital – 12:13 PM
• U.S. Coast Guard Training Center – 12:27 PM
• Atlantic City Convention Center – 12:32 PM
Officials say the listed times may vary by as much as 15 minutes.