Adele’s ’21’ Tops Best-Selling Albums of 2012 List [VIDEO]
For the second year in a row Adele's '21' has been named the number one selling album of 2012 in the United States.
Nielsen SoundScan released the yearly report on Thursday. Adele's album is an inspiring collection of heartbreak likely based on the 24-year-old Grammy-winning singer's own love life. It featured hit singles "Rolling In The Deep," "Set Fire To The Rain" and "Someone Like You."
Life has certainly gotten better for Adele, who moved on, started a relationship, and even welcomed her first child, a boy, in October.
Meanwhile, here is how the rest of the list shapes up:
2. Taylor Swift's "Red" sold 3.11 million units.
3. One Direction's debut album "Up All Night" sold 1.62 million units.
4. Mumford & Sons' "Babel" album sold 1.46 million units -- the largest number for a rock group in 2012, according to Billboard.
5. One Direction also ranks fifth with the boy band's second album, "Take Me Home," which sold 1.34 million units.
6. Justin Bieber's album "Believe" sold 1.34 million units.
7. Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away" album sold 1.20 million units.
8. Luke Bryan's "Tailgates & Tanlines" sold 1.10 million units.
9. Lionel Richie's country record "Tuskegee" sold 1.07 million units.
10. Jason Aldean's "Night Train" sold 1.02 million units.