Police Execute 5 Search Warrants, 2 From Atlantic County, NJ, Arrested on Gun and Drug Charges
Two men from Atlantic County have been arrested after law enforcement officers executed five search warrants late last month.
The Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office says on April 25th, police executed search warrants in the 100 block of Azalea Lane in Egg Harbor Township, the 1500 building of Ben Franklin Court in the Mays Landing Village complex in Hamilton Township, at a business in the 300 block of the White Horse Pike in Egg Harbor City, on a Chevrolet Blazer SUV, and a Toyota Camry.
From their work, detectives say they seized,
- Approximately eight pounds of marijuana
- Four pounds of THC-infused edible items
- 100 THC vape cartridges
- A significant amount of narcotics production and packaging materials
- Digital scales
- A 12-gauge shotgun
- A .40 caliber handgun
- 2 high-capacity ammunition magazines each containing hollow point ammunition
- $50,000 cash
26-year-old Sadman Sakib of Egg Harbor Township and 42-year-old Jamiel Basir of Mays Landing were charged with,
- Second-degree distribution of over five pounds of marijuana
- Second-degree possession with the intent to distribution over five pounds of marijuana
- Third-degree possession of CDS
- Fourth-degree possession of marijuana over six ounces
- Second-degree possession of a handgun while committing a CDS-related offense
- Third-degree money laundering
- First-degree maintaining or operating a narcotics production facility
Both men were later lodged in the Atlantic County Justice Facility on the warrants.
This investigation was jointly conducted by the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office along with the Galloway Township, Egg Harbor City, Egg Harbor Township, and Hamilton Township Police Departments.
The public is reminded that charges are accusations and all persons are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.