16 Percent of Cell Phones Have Poo On Them
Yes, there is a better than one in ten chance your cell phone — the thing that follows you every single place you go — has poo on it. Yeah, poo.
I apologize if you’re having a snack.
KeepingItKleen.com has a whole list of things that will make you go, “ewww.”
– That computer keyboard you’re using? It’s likely to be five times dirtier than a toilet seat — 150-times over the acceptable limit for bacteria levels.
– You’ve heard that a TV remote is the dirtiest thing in a hotel room (yuckier than a bedspread), but your own TV remote is probably the dirtiest thing in your house, too.
– Flipping on a light switch? You just came in contact with about 217 bacteria.
– Wanna try out that new video game in a store, using the controller everyone else has touched? Staph has been found on some.
– Did you catch one of your co-workers sneezing today? The germs in a sneeze can hang out for up to 48 hours (or more!) on a surface.
Now that you’re thinking about investing in a lifetime supply of rubber gloves, know that you can reduce your chances of catching a bug using easy to find items such as anti-bacterial wipes, washing your hands often, and cleaning surfaces regularly.