Atlantic City Police Arrest 8, Search for One More, in a String of Robberies
Atlantic City Police have arrested eight people - and continue to search for one other person - in connection with a string of recent robberies in the city.
Officers say they seen a rash of robberies taking place at convenience stores and from cab drivers over the past few months. To date, criminal charges have been filed in 15 robberies that have occurred throughout the city and more charges are anticipated.
Seven adults and one juvenile have been arrested and charged with robbery and other related offenses. The adults have all been remanded to the Atlantic County Justice Facility and the juvenile to Harborfields Detention Facility:
- Sadiekhan Johnson, a 32 year old male from Atlantic City.
- Shakur Hancock-Palmer, a 20 year old male from Atlantic City
- Kinte Barrino, a 33 year old male from Galloway, NJ.
- Jamar Jones, a 28 year old male from Atlantic City.
- Michael Falls, a 34 year old male from Atlantic City. Falls has been charged in two separate robberies.
- Gary Whigman, a 32 year old male from Atlantic City
- Kaleem Williams, a 19 year old male from Atlantic City.
- A 17-year-old juvenile male from Atlantic City
Police continue to search for 40-year-old Eric Smith of Atlantic City who was been charged in nine separate robberies of convenience stores. He is currently the only person that has been charged that has not been arrested.
Anyone with information about any robbery in the city is urged to contact the Atlantic City Police Department Criminal Investigations Section at 609-347-5766. Information can be text to TIP411 (847411). Begin the text with ACPD. All texts are anonymous.