Was it You? 4 Powerball Players in New Jersey Each Just Won $50,000
While it wasn't hundreds of millions of dollars, several people in the Garden State are already celebrating relatively big Powerball lottery wins this week.
As of lunchtime Tuesday, the Mega Millions jackpot for tonight's drawing was at $640 million while Powerball for Wednesday night has $1 billion up for grabs (before taxes, of course).
And it was the most recent Powerball drawing on Monday night that made many people in New Jersey very happy.
Officials with the New Jersey Lottery say four tickets matched four of the five white balls and the Power Ball drawn, each good for $50,000.
The winning numbers for Monday night's drawing were 05, 08, 09, 17, and 41; the red Power Ball number was 21 and the Power Play was 4X.
Those winning tickets were sold at the following locations:
- Bergen County: Rt. 4 Petroleum LLC on Route 4 East in Englewood
- Hunterdon County: Gronsky’s Milk House on West Main in High Bridge
- Middlesex County: 7- Eleven on Woodbridge Ave. in Edison
And a fourth winning ticket was sold via the Jackpocket online service.
Other recent big lottery wins
- Someone at a Convenience Store in South Jersey Just Won Over $218,000
- For the 3rd Time in 3 Days, NJ Lottery Player at Wawa Won Big
- $703,000! NJ Lottery Players in Burlington, Cape May Counties Share Big Jackpot