Georgia’s 5 Favs: The Happiness Project & 4 Other Things I’m Into This Week
This week’s edition of Georgia’s 5 Favs has a couple of updates and new products that I’m loving right now!
First up is a new book (new to me at least).
1. The Happiness Project – Remember back at the first of the year, I mentioned that my New Year’s resolution was to become a better “me?” Well, I did. And I’m still trying to work on that, so far, I’ve done a pretty good job. This book, though I’m only a few chapters in, is helping. Here’s the description from Amazon,
“Gretchen Rubin had an epiphany one rainy afternoon in the unlikeliest of places: a city bus. “The days are long, but the years are short,” she realized. “Time is passing, and I’m not focusing enough on the things that really matter.” In that moment, she decided to dedicate a year to her happiness project.
In this lively and compelling account, Rubin chronicles her adventures during the twelve months she spent test-driving the wisdom of the ages, current scientific research, and lessons from popular culture about how to be happier. Among other things, she found that novelty and challenge are powerful sources of happiness; that money can help buy happiness, when spent wisely; that outer order contributes to inner calm; and that the very smallest of changes can make the biggest difference.”
Everything about that description is in line with my decision to become a better person this year. Life is slipping away faster and faster each day, I want to try to make the absolute most out of each and every minute.
2. The Bachelor – Oh my goodness. If the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise was lacking in the past few seasons, it has made up for that lull this season. Sean Lowe is the perfect bachelor. He is so real and genuine. How often does the bachelor send home the dramatic one, i.e. Tierra??? Never! They always hang on to the bad seed until the very end and then pick them! (Remember Ben….) Anyway, I have no idea who will win, but I’m pulling for Catherine.
3. Chobani Bites Fig and Orange Zest - A couple weeks ago, I posted on Georgia’s 5 Favs about the new Chobani Bites yogurt. At that point, I had only tried the pineapple and caramel, which is delicious. Well, I found the fig and orange zest flavor last week at my grocery store! And man, is it good!
4. Couch to 5k Update – Another update this week is my trek to run a 5k. Well, my trek to just start running. I’m on week 4 and so far, so good! Each week is harder than the last, but I feel myself getting stronger, which makes it a little easier. And I’ve lost 5 pounds so far, which is always a good thing!
5. The New Season of Duck Dynasty – Oh the boys are back! I’m SO excited to watch new episodes. I feel like I’ve been watching the same re-runs on A&E for too long. I watched the first new episode last night, but then I fell asleep – the second episode is on my DVR to watch tonight! I wonder if they are going to have two episodes each week???
And that’s another week of Georgia’s 5 Favs!! If you have a new product or TV show or just anything that you love – tell me about it! Maybe I’ll feature it on an upcoming edition of Georgia’s 5 Favs!