7 Good Things That Have Happened So Far in 2020
Tropical Storm, Tornadoes.... is 2020 all bad?
It may seem like it, buy we have found 7 pretty good things about 2020.
It really hasn't been all gloom and doom, has it?
Check out 7 good things that happened this year:
1. The Cat Country Cares for St. Jude Kid's Raditothon. Once again this year, our listeners came throw to help the kids. In February, you donated over $139,000 to the hospital. Amazing!
2. Feed a Family Radiothon. Again, our listeners come through. Just as the lockdown began and a lot of people found themselves out of work, our listeners - and the great folks at Matt Blatt Kia - came through with donations totaling over $27,000! Your generosity helped provide over 81,000 meals to our friends and neighbors!
3. Kane Brown played Boardwalk Hall in February. It was the last concert for many of us. Brown showed that he's just about made country music superstar status. A great show!
4. Our local teacher did some awesome things! South Jersey teachers came through during the quarantine with remote learning, and creating new ways to engage their students. We were floored by this performance by Galloway Township Music Teachers! This Upper Township teacher hit it out of the park with some at-home yet-social-distant visits!
5. We had bear in South Jersey! One or several, we're not sure. There was a visit to near the Hamilton Mall. Before that, a trip to Manahwakin! (We're calling the bear visits a good thing, because no one got bit or anything....)
6. Local businesses shined. Restaurants found ways to serve us outside, even if it was something they never did before. Businesses like Little Water Distillery in Atlantic City pivoted and started producing needed products, like hand sanitizer.
7. Country Superstar Tim McGraw crashed a Zoom meeting to thank some local nurses. What a great guy!