Spooky Black Bean Hummus PERFECT for Halloween! [VIDEO]
If you're looking for something to bring to your Halloween party this weekend, then look no further.
This spooky yet HEALTHY black bean hummus dip screams all things Halloween, with the perfect addition of a tasty greek-yogurt web and a black bean spider creeping on top!
It's vegan friendly and only 96 calories per serving, so it's the perfect appetizer for your party!
All you need to make this dark yet satisfying snack is:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper -- to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened soy yogurt optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- For Design: additional plain soy yogurt or tahini
Now I modified this just a bit to my liking---ok, a lot a bit--- I nixed the chipotle pepper because I'm a wimp and can't do spicy. I also added a bit of flour because I accidentally forgot to drain the beans...so it was super watery AND I did non-fat greek yogurt instead of soy yogurt because It was in my fridge and I was too lazy/ broke to buy soy.
But hey otherwise it's super easy AND it turned out GREAT! Check it out!