Here’s What Becoming a Partner in Hope Will Do for a St. Jude Patient
Through gracious donations, patients at St. Jude can find ways to pass the time while receiving the lifesaving treatment they need. If you are curious about what becoming a Partner in Hope can do, check out our list and find out how you can put a smile on a child's face.
Every patient at St. Jude is treated with love and compassion. Each gift that your donation purchases for a child is important. Going through cancer treatment is extremely difficult, and with your help, you can make a patient's entire day better.
Provide children with play area toys or rehab weights.
- Play areas can be found around the hospital and they encourage kids to be active while undergoing treatment.
- Rehabilitation weights help patients regain their strength and mobility after undergoing treatment.
Help provide books for patients when you donate.
- The Linda R. Hajar Family Resource Center at St. Jude provides families with access to medical literature and a library of books, audiotapes, CDs, magazines and general reference books.
You can help provide a holiday party, a no more chemo party, art supplies, physical therapy, or a platelet transfusion.
- Help a patient express themselves, celebrate a milestone, or receive excellent treatment. Each gift truly means the world to every patient.
Supply patients with video games, a special event, or a day of oxygen.
- Video games help patients pass the time while receiving treatment.
- St. Jude provides a number of special events during the year such as a teen prom and a kindergarten graduation.
- You can donate now to help a patient that needs oxygen receive it to help their body function properly.
With your generosity, you can help a child get a patient wagon, chest x-ray, or provide meals for St. Jude families.
- Red wagons are the preferred mode of travel through the hospital halls for young patients.
- Doctor's use chest x-rays to help diagnose and monitor a patient's treatment.
- St. Jude provides patients and their families with meal cards for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hospital's cafeteria.
Your kindness can help a patient receive chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- The advances made by St. Jude Children's Research Hospital have helped increase the effectiveness of chemotherapy and reduce the side effects for young patients with leukemia and solid tumors.
- Radiation therapy, used alone or in combination with surgery and chemotherapy, remains an integral component in the successful management and treatment of pediatric tumors.
For this amazing donation, you can provide a patient with bone marrow treatment. The St. Jude Bone Marrow Transplantation Program is one of the largest pediatric programs in the world.
With your donation, you could save a life.