Quest For One Million Pennies For St Jude Kids Kicks Off Friday
Have you been saving your pennies for the kids of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital?
We hope so, because this week marks the beginning of the Cat Country Quest for One Million Pennies!
We plan to broadcast live from different locations over the next six Fridays, in order to collect One Million Pennies!
This Friday from 8am - 6pm we'll be at the Shoprite in Somers Point.
If you're in the area, please make plans to drop off your pennies and help out the kids.
Our theme this year is "Pools of Change", and at each location we'll be looking to fill a Kiddie Swimming Pool to the top with pennies!
In February or March, we hold our St. Jude Radiothon, where we ask you for "the big money" to help out the kids of St. Jude. During the Quest, we ask for pennies - the smallest amount possible - because we feel it's a way for EVERYBODY to give - even if it's just a little.
We are asking for pennies, but you can certainly give any kind of money. Even checks are welcome! (Write out checks to: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.)
All money collected goes to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and is used for treatment or life-saving research. For more information on St. Jude, go here.
Here's the schedule for this year's stops:
- Friday, September 22nd: ShopRite of Somers Point, 23 Bethel Road, Somers Point.
- Friday, September 29th: Curexa Pharmacy, 3007 Ocean Heights Ave, Egg Harbor Township.
- Friday, October 6th: ShopRite of English Creek, English Creek Avenue, Egg Harbor Township.
- Saturday, October 7th (12noon - 2pm): "A MINI-QUEST Stop" at Ashley Furniture Home Store, Tilton Road, Northfield.
- Friday, October 13th: CompleteCare Health Network, 3 Broadway, Cape May Court House.
- Friday, October 20th: Ashley Furniture Home Store, 1600 North High Street, Millville.
- Friday, October 27th: Absecon Veterinary Hospital, 195 South New Road, Absecon.