Awful February Weather Takes its Toll on Casino Revenues
The bitter cold and snow of February was a huge hurdle for Atlantic City Casinos to jump over.
For the month of February, Atlantic City's casino revenue dropped almost 15 percent compared to a year ago when there were 11 open casinos. When the numbers only involve the currently operating gaming halls, the drop was 1.9 percent from twelve months ago. Last month, the casinos won $178.4 million.
The brutal weather did send some people online to gamble. Internet gambling brought in $10.4 million; that is a one percent gain from last year, even with a $1.5 million jackpot being won online.
February, 2015, revenue numbers and the change compared to February, 2014:
- Golden Nugget - $15.9 million (+22.5%)
- Resorts - $10.7 million (+11.1%)
- Tropicana - $22 million (+4.6%)
- Harrah's - $27.4 million (+3.9%)
- Borgata - $48.6 million (-2.7%)
- Caesars - $24.6 million (-3.7%)
- Bally's - $14.3 million (-13.6%)
- Trump Taj Mahal - $12.1 million (-22.7%)