A small fire that caused extensive smoke resulted in the Shoprite in Marmora to be closed for several hours Thursday afternoon. The store was back open by evening.

Fire crews were called to the store about 1:30pm, according to the Marmora Volunteer Fire Company.  Crews were initially called about because of smoke in the building.

Fire officials say they found that a small fire had started in a refrigeration line, and it spread to surrounding insulation. Store personnel had actually put out the fire with a fire extinguisher before firefighters arrived.

Cat Country 107.3 logo
Enter your number to get our free mobile app

Fire company crews helped evacuate the building, and rid the store of smoke, before the store later reopened.

There were no injuries reported. Fire personnel were on the scene for about 90 minutes.

Today at approximately 130pm The Marmora Volunteer Fire Company and the Upper Township Division of EMS were dispatched...

Posted by Marmora Volunteer Fire Co. on Thursday, December 10, 2020

KEEP READING: What were the most popular baby names from the past 100 years?

More From Cat Country 107.3