Joe Kelly: 5 Best Quarantine/Outdoor Restaurant Dishes I’ve Had
From carryout and delivery, we've morphed into eating outside at restaurants lately, and that's meant some new food finds!
Here are some of the new restaurant menu items I've discovered in the last few weeks, and would highly recommend:
1. Buffalo Chicken Pizza - Delivered from South End Pizza in Egg Harbor Township. While I've had both the mild and hot versions, the mild is my favorite. The pizza has a great sweetness that pairs with the buffalo sauce and blue cheese for an awesome taste!
2. The Mile High Sandwich - Outdoor dining at Tailgaters in Galloway. We measured and the roast beef is really piled one mile high! Tender roast beef served with au jus and horseradish on the side. ( A little of each of is perfect, thank you!) Pairing it with the great french fries or the awesome onion rings might be your toughest decision.
3. The Buffalo Chicken Nachos - Carryout from Chickie's and Pete's in EHT. Apparently, I like buffalo chicken food, eh? The blue cheese taste comes through in every bite of this delicious appetizer!. Enough for all to share for an appetizer!
4. The Wings - Outdoor Dining at The Point Tiki Bar in Somers Point. If you didn't get there their first year last summer, you must check it out this summer. On the grounds of the former Baia/Waterfront restaurant. The main building is gone, and what's left is all outdoor dining. The wings are more fabulous than their brief description on the menu: "Crispy spiced honey jerk wings." Just take a bite and fall into the flavor of the honey, the mango, and more. Best wings outside of the Pic-a-lilli Inn!
5. Potato Salad - Carryout at Bob's Seafood of Absecon. Yeah, didn't expect this to ever make a list of best foods, but it did. A last second decision to add a pound a potato salad to an order turned out to be a great decision. What's that herb? Is it dill? Delicious!